View Single Post
Old February 1, 2013, 02:07 PM
Chief Moderator

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Bangladesh has dropped the idea of touring Pakistan in the near future and the message was conveyed to the International Cricket Council, Bangladesh Cricket Board president, Nazmul Hasan, told reporters on Friday.
Nazmul attended his first ICC board meeting in Dubai last week where his Pakistani counterpart Zaka Ashraf first raised the issue as Bangladesh had made an unconditional commitment earlier in this regard.
Nazmul said he successfully defended the BCB’s decision and convinced the other board members that Bangladesh had some valid reasons for putting the tour on hold.
‘After my explanation I think all the board directors present at the meeting understood the reasons, as far as touring Pakistan is concerned,’ Nazmul told reporters.
‘When I pointed out the anxiety of our people and the government after some recent incidents, nobody raised any further question though the floor was open for all to do so.
‘As no one questioned, I can assume that they have accepted it,’ said Nazmul, adding that even the representative of the PCB did not have a chance to press the issue further.
‘He [PCB president Zaka Ashraf] rather praised me. His only complaint was that I said Pakistan is not a safe country for travelling,’ said Nazmul.
Quote:
One of the key issues discussed at the meeting was the domestic Twenty20 tournament of the ICC member nations, which provided Nazmul an opportunity to draw attention of others to the BPL issue.
But the BCB president said he did not raise the issue of Pakistan’s decision of withdrawing their players at the eleventh hour as Bangladesh itself was on the back-foot at the ICC meeting.
‘We were on the back-foot as we had made a commitment to tour the country but after they decided not to release their
players for the BPL, I dropped the idea,’ said Nazmul.
Quote:
The BCB president said his intention was rather to convince India about giving Bangladesh a tour this year and claimed that he was able to make his point to his Indian counterpart N Srinivasan.
‘I met him personally on the sidelines of the ICC meeting and he assured me that he will look into this matter,’ said Nazmul. ‘I asked him if I can tell it to our media and he nodded positively. So I got an impression that he
was sincere about his promise.’
‘I am not going to say we will make this tour at a particular period. All I can say is that India has made a promise,’ said Namzul when his attention was drawn to a similar promise made by the country in the past.
http://newagebd.com/detail.php?date=...8#.UQwR0Jt8do0