View Single Post
Old February 5, 2007, 01:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I am not sure if US open was grass in 1962 or 1969. It should be in hard court.

The point for Roddick, Blake, Hewet, Safin was made to show you how faka the field is now. You may not buy it but there is an arguement equal to yours Aggasi's winning the french. You don't have to buy my arguements, I just want you to see how weak your arguements are.

Greats didn't become great without humbleness. Pete, Rod, Roy would never admit they are the greatest of all time. Just as Tiger would say Jack is, Jack Nicholas would say he is not the greatest but Byron Nelson is or Byron would say Bobby Jones etc. Humbleness makes the greats greater than others and the fans decide that cause in reality in any sports measuring two players from era is impossible.

As I said there is no doubt Federer is a great player and the best in current game, but for him to be the greatest he must win French (at least in my book). I wouldn't require him to win a Calendar Slam to put by Rod Laver, Just a french open would do for me. But as long as he don't have that he is not the greatest of all time. 4th at best.