View Single Post
Old November 13, 2007, 04:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
I wait for the day when our boys learn to control their aggression. One does not learn to control aggression unless he can block any balls he wants to. The stroke makers are just too predictable to hit out. We all know how to get SN, Aftab and Ash out. The opposing captain has to do nothing. Just set the fielders watching few outs and they get out by themselves. Soft dismissals. Was not Aftab penalized for playing recklessly and banished from the test? I don't see him learning a lot from that even after a year has passed. NCL is no longer picnic. He should have put NCL on fire by now with his talent. The new crops (Mushi, Nazimuddin, Junaed, Imrul) are a little better as it seems to control their aggression.

I don't understand the pressure that you are talking about when players not scoring runs. I don't understand the importance of strike rotation in a 4/5 day match. I really don't. I was taught in test, two batsmen in the middle take care of their end respectively. Hit the lose ball. Eliminate mistakes and runouts. Boring yup!! But effective. Runrate between 2-3. So be it. 225 (2.5 rr 90 overs) in a day i will take it at this stage. This is not Twenty/20 anyways. I never liked Afridi-type player in test. There can only be one Viv Richards who has already played for WI. I am not saying we have our top 6 all JO type players but couple of them would only be better for these stroke makers to learn how important their wickets are.

As for the coach, welcome to Bangladesh once again. Hope he understands the boys have no true cricketing role model to follow in the team or out side the team. This is not Australian under 25 team. One (while crawling) must learn how to walk before they can run.

Thank you very much... this is what i am trying to say also...
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled