View Single Post
Old July 10, 2012, 02:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Indians

saw Amazing Spider-man in IMAX 3D

I absolutely loved it! I'm glad I didn't read others' opinion on this and went out on a limb n decided to give it a shot. I loved it 10x more than the 1st one. Andrew Garfield was simply outstanding in his boyish portrayal of Peter Parker...from his mannerisms, deep resolve in doing justice, romance with Gwen Stacy, emotional disparity, sacrifices...leaves Tobey Maguire far behind.

Keep in mind..In this remake, Peter Parker exists in the contemporary age of smartphones and social media where being a 'geek' is widely accepted and things have changed with modern social setting. His emotions are controlled and measured. The supporting cast ensemble provides a solid backdrop and Peter Parker slowly emerges out of the shadow and into the wild. This script was written in a more realistic surrounding as oppose to a typical comic superhero. Unbelievable chemistry between Garfield & Stone as oppose to Tobey & Kirsten. Original Spider-man seemed to be cartoonish and hollow compared to this feature. Forgot to mention there are hilarious scenes in the middle that had me in splits..especially when Peter 1st discovers his power potential & awkward demeanor when interacting with Gwen in the beginning. Aaaa can't stop talking about this movie!

Villain was a bit let down tbh. Few incomplete sequential scenes. Irfaan Khan is barely there...may be 3 or 4 scenes. Absolutely hated his forced accent...not sure why desi actors do that...be comfortable in your accent.

Recommendation: You must watch this in IMAX & in 3D if possible. Last few scenes in 3D was pure paisa vasool/ exhilarating!!

DO NOT LEAVE once credits start rolling....there is a BONUS scene after credits!

My rating: 8.5/10