View Single Post
Old February 9, 2013, 12:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
All these players will fail miserably in int'l T20 cricket and fail so badly its going to be hilarious. As I've always said, we should forget about T20, BPL, IPL, ShitPL, etc. Focus on ODI so we can do something productive in 2015 and focus on Tests because SL, WI, NZ are all beatable teams and if we can't win a couple tests in the next few years we have only ourselves to blame.

India should be proof positive of the harms of garbage cricket on the real forms of the game.
I don't think that's a fair generalization. Almost all Aussie players play BBL and many IPL. Same with English players - Root, Bairstow, Buttler etc.

Such leagues can be actually beneficial if management is good and they don't ignore FC cricket. At least in BPL domestic players get a much tougher challenge facing an attack as close to Intl. standard as it can get. And BD has done better in ODIs since BPL IMHO.

As for them failing - maybe, maybe not. I agree that this is no good indicator of how they'll fare in the long run though. But still it's something for them to showcase their talents.