View Single Post
Old March 11, 2005, 10:26 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by allrounder
To all you have to realize that education is not just about getting good grades, scoring high on your SATs or getting admission to prestigious universities.

I did mention in my post that english medium schools do not teach us about our culture, philosophy, literature, geography, history. The books you get shows pictures of people not from our country, the stories you read in your literature class are not bangladeshi stories, the map you saw in your geography class is not map of bangladesh. This is just not right. Please dont tell me that you prefer your kids growing up reading Humpty Dumpty, Little Miss Muffet instead of Bangla choras. How can you accept that being a bangladeshi?

The bangla subject is there mainly for translation purpose, that is the only period where you read bengali, read bangla poems, learn something about bangladesh.

Tell me do english school teach all basic subjects till grade 10? Do you have to study, history, geography, literature anymore after 7th grade? English schools get very focused on O (3 years syllabus) and A level(2 years syllabus)l examinations right from grade 7. Even then students take the exams even before completing 10th grade and 12th grade.

Well I can keep going on an on with this issue, but this thread has already focused on something other than the topic. May be I should open up a new thread.

Edited on, March 11, 2005, 4:44 PM GMT, by allrounder.

OH BHAI...............Pls pls pls .....Na jaina Ulta palta kothai boilen na......