View Single Post
Old March 12, 2005, 07:52 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Here's my opinion:

I think the Bangla Medium of instruction in Bangladesh has some inherent deficiencies. In my opinion, people who go through the program are cheated. For example,

--the idea of "suggestions" before the exam is simply wrong. "KAA" set "KHA" set "GAA" set are wrong as people complain about questions set are harder having "KAA" being the easiest set of questions and preferable.

--Skip the previous years questions and study for SSC/HSC is bad. What's up with that rule?

--that "Uchchotor Gonit" thing for SSC was a joke as I don't think the book was "uchchotoro" in any ways or means.

After I passed my SSC and was taking my SAT and achievement exams, I felt that I was cheated out of my natural share of learning in school. Compared to my SSC books, the books available for O and A levels were much advanced and had some real meat on them. No comparison there. If I could rewind my life, I would go back and study the O' Level books.

On the best co-ed subject, I am not sure what makes Shaheen the best co-ed school. In my opinion Cadet Colleges and Shaheen school (the army type of schools) are probably at the bottom of my ranking. They simply don't create leaders. People going to those schools get a good dose of discipline and works out well for the bad and the spoiled kids. For the spontaneous and the creative type, I recommend, look elsewhere. Decent Bangali parents should be able to make that call. What works for Dawah Tabligh may not work for me. No need to send people to Pabna. I find that bit offending. Please refrain.