View Single Post
Old March 20, 2015, 04:16 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanCricFan
Very well written post. There were a lot of sortcomings from our most experience cricketers. Tamim should be dropped -not because of his failures with the bat. But, because of his terrible attitude and lack of fitness. He is a liability. Those of who know a bit about cricket, sport psychology and Mashrafe could have predicted an inevitable choke of the big guy under the slightest bit of pressure. As a result, he still cannot bowl to save his life at the death or when the batters go after him. He still cannot bat with responsibility and bats like the proverbial rabbit -despite having three TEST half-centuries. All things considered I think its about time Mashrafe makes away for the new ones. I say this as a great Mashrafe admirer and he will always be in my all time Bangladesh greats.

Shakib really needs to focus on cricket again and, particularly, his batting. He was missing through out the big tournament. A major let down.

Most importantly, the management must be hold responsible for a few MASSIVE blunders. Why did they continue to play two out of form openers TOGETHER? Why did they bench a proven ODI cricketer like Nasir for a unproven Momin? Why did they not play an extra spinner against India instead of an extra batter? Anyone with the basic knowledge of cricket knows that having 8 batters -most often- makes a very little difference. Taijul would have been very handy yesterday when Mash was taken for runs. This isn't a mere hindsight. This was predicted well before the big match!
Sometimes I feel we should stop all this analysis and questioning and spend that time in asking forgiveness. Really, feel gutted of how these players have disappointed time and again after investment. If we would have devoted that much time to our Lord, our personal lives could have been better. Deep within, a feeling arose that this team will reach no where and will just be one of glorified minnows. Nothing more. As I said somewhere else, we might win a world cup, but that'll be when ind, pak, sl has won 3-4 times, and afghans would have won it once. That time, it'd be meaningless for all of us. I guarantee that. This time is never gonna come again and I fear, the scars have permanently damaged Bangladesh cricket. Unless our culture as a nation doesn't change drastically, we will be the 9-10th ranked team with any associate/affiliate nation like uae captain talking about possibility of upset against bangladesh in any future enocunter.