View Single Post
Old February 16, 2007, 03:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
Billah bhai: That's playing really safe. Just because there's no info on Pilot's number of 4s and 6s in ODi, you're comparing him with Mushfiq. But here's something you may want to see.

Code:
class     mat     inns     no     runs     hs     ave     bf     sr     100     50     4s     6s     ct     st
Tests      41      79      9      1361      103*      19.44      3970      34.28      1      3      145      1      75      8
Just one six???? Ouch...that hurt!
Kabir: so, how are you justifying comparing test data with ODI data? I was not putting up data to maliciously distort facts, man.

Quote:
Anyway, you can argue all that you want to. But here's the deal. He has made sufficient contributions to the team, but now it's time for new players to take over.
Exactly my feeling also. In case you missed it, please read this. Better yet, just go to the front page of your site.

http://banglacricket.com/html/article.php?item=438

Quote:
He has played 126 ODIs, and scored 1818 valuable runs for us, with a highest of 71*. Thank you for the greatest contribution any cricketer has made for Bangladesh...we can give him a BC medal (gold) and honor him. But please, bringing someone in just based on the merit of his contribution more than a year ago is unacceptable.
So, replacing an experienced ODI player with someone that has played 9 matches and scored a total of 151 runs, for the WORLD CUP is acceptable? I suggest you say this out loud several times to yourself. I bet it would sound quite odd.

Quote:
By the way, in this case you may want to argue with Ashraful's inclusion, as he hasn't proved anything. I'll tell you this...Ashraful's inclusion isn't something to be excited about in recent year or two. But he at least performed in domestic level. Pilot failed to do even that. Jokes.
I'm sure, you missed my point on bringing Ashraful in this. Ash's numbers look bad also. Should we dump him also? After all, we are using the numbers arguments to justify replacing Pilot with Mushfiq? Oh, here's another important fact you forgot here:

Ashraful's job description - Middle Order batsman
Pilot's job description - Wicket keeper

Pilot's club team is not expecting a double century from him every match. He has batted reasonably in the domestic league. Ash needed a double century to get back in the national team. If you wanted Pilot to do the same, you should have told him that about 20 years ago. That way he could also have prepared himself to be a middle order bat, instead of WK.

Cheers. I just hope, sincerely hope and pray that Mushfiq does well both in wicketkeeping and batting.