View Single Post
Old April 30, 2007, 11:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: AC Gilchrist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricman
Got some big shoes to fill, if he can handle replacing Warne he'll be fine expectations etc. he'll be fine and I saw Dan Cullen play Against us didn't impress me. If Magill wants to play till he's 40 he'll be an automatic selection.
Nobody's really expecting a 1-for-1 replacement for Warney. In any case, Warney was ordinary in his first few Tests - he really came into his own in 1993 in England. More likely, Warney will be replaced by a combination of players - maybe Bailey + MacGill, or Bailey + Cullen, or something else.

Dan Cullen has been in woeful form over the past year and needs plenty of time to work on his game.

Quote:
Tait has been either a Hit or a Miss great 1 game mediocre the next.
Tait is talented, but inconsistent. He's your classic tearaway express bowler - fast but expensive. You get the good, the bad and the ugly with Tait - I once watched him bowl an amazing over in the ING Cup final last year, the over went something like this: dot, wicket, wide, four, no ball, wide, wicket, six, wide, wicket.

Like Jeff Thomson, you never know what you're going to get with Taity. Though I personally think he's better suited coming in at first or second change - his slingy action and express pace makes it very hard for him to control the new ball when it's swinging, hence he can spray it either side of the wicket. I've noticed that when the ball's a bit scuffed and older, he has much better control and that's usually when he makes breakthroughs.