View Single Post
Old January 7, 2010, 06:52 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Default Taking Batting powerplay at the last minute: is it the correct decision for Bangladesh?

i always felt that Poweplay should be taken at the 41st over when we have 5 wickets in hand. Why des Bangladesh always take it at the last minute? in my opinion, the last four overs, without the fielding restrctions are Powerplay overs anyways, because Batsmen has have to go at it since there is no point consolidating because the last five overs you hit out or get out anyways...

Taking many factors into consideration: Alhamdulillah, I was happy we got 296 BUT i still felt like many of you, that we were 20 runs short. especially when Indian fielding was ordinary.

I am not talking about Shakib's decision to bat first, that's another toppic. the point of this thread is that, had we taken the powerplay earlier, do you think it betters Bangladesh's chances of scoring those vital extra 20 runs. because suppose we take powerplay at the 42nd over...and Alhamduilllah ,everything goes according to plan...then after 47th over, the batsmen is set anyways, right?

point reiterated, we should take the batting powerplay a bit earlier especially when we have wickets in hand.