View Single Post
Old May 9, 2012, 02:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I'm a n00b on this subject. But from what I've seen in my lifetime:

Waqar-McGrath opening followed by Wasim. They can and will kill in all 3 formats. But for thrill and crowd riser I'd get Brett Lee, Shoaib Akhtar and Lasith Malinga/Dale Styen
i always enjoy watching malinga bowl. for me waqar in his pomp is the most exciting fast bowler to watch. mcgrath is a very good bowler, one of the greatest no doubt but the thing about mcgrath is i didn't really find him that interesting to watch, he wasn't especially fasst, he didn't seam or swing the ball too much he just niggled at the off stump at a good length, decent pace, awkward bounce height and that was his thing and it worked tremendously. but for me there are soo many more more exciting fast bowlers to watch. for me the WI pacers, the pakistani's (waqar and imran) and donald are probably the most exciting to watch.

as far as a bowling unit waqar, Mcgrath and wasim would be killer.

i wouldn't mind an attack of waqar, donald and lillee or maybe marshall or even imran instead of lillee. i can imagine the pace of waqar with his movement reverse and late swing and the pace of donald with his line and length, bounce and aggression wouldn't be a scary duo to face. then add lillee or marshall two of the most complete fast bowlers ever.