Thread: Fast Bowling
View Single Post
Old June 10, 2012, 04:38 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
Ectomorphs are built for endurance, and with proper training, can excel at longer distance events. My weakest event in OD triathlon was the 40k bike followed by the 10k run with the 1.5k swim being the strongest. It will naturally be the opposite for you. My SD (750m swim, 5k run, 20k bike) triathlon times were the best by far perhaps because the shorter distances were more suited to my body type back then. The ectomorphs whom I raced with, guys who beat me regularly at OD distances, usually could not do nearly as well in the shortest version. Then again, they could also do the LC (1.9 swim, 21.1k run, 90k bike) and UD (3.8k swim, 42.2k run, 180k bike) triathlons I never could.

Anyway, there are always exceptions to the perceived rule. For example, in Sadarghat and elsewhere in Bangladesh, I see our ectomorphs bearing incredible loads for 8 hours straight in the heat, dust and pollution. That's superhuman strength and ability if you ask me.
Im a natural long distance runner. That explains it because im not a natural sprinter.