View Single Post
Old June 1, 2010, 12:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer
I have long advocated for the need of more lefties from BD in modern game. They do have an edge in advantage. I am pleased that more and more lefties are emerging in BD. Our top three are lefty now , and along with Sakib, we have four in top six. That is plenty, anymore, and our advantage will become a disadvantage. It will allow the bowlers to settle in their rhythm without too many left-right combination. BD pacers also struggle against lefty batsmen. As you have pointed out, most bowlers are right handed, and the angle of delivery allows a lefty like Tamim to play more fluently outside off. It is a necessity, and no longer a need for lefties in modern game, and I am glad we have at least some promising players in that regard.
Are you saying that the success of lefty batsmen was more due the combination of the left and right than just the advantage they had over the right handed bowler? I know, as a fast bowler myself though I love bowling at the lefties, it definitely throws your line off but I am going to play devil's advocate here, why did Eng bowling look so ordinary while bowling at our top 3 who are all lefties. Don't you think they shoul've been able to settle in a good line and give them trouble?

And I'd rather have a lefty in the team who's half as talented as Ash replacing Ash because he'd have had to face half as many good balls from a right hander and will have twice the chance of scoring runs against most right handed bowlers.