View Single Post
Old April 7, 2003, 12:28 AM
Club Cricketer

Well, I must give the example of football here. IN 1974 Abahani as a champion of Dhaka league went to play IFA Shield in India. They also took top players from other teams. So in practice Bangladesh national team went under the name of Abahani. That year they lost to East Bengal 0-7, Mohon Bagan 0-5, etc. After
about 15 years Bangladesh national team started beating Indian national team (let alone club teams or state teams). BD is the current South Asia champion after beating India in the final. So I think it will happen in cricket also. BD (once just half of an British Indian state) will beat India (with more than 20 states) in Football and cricket within 15 years.

Bangladeshi (or East Bengalis) are the nation who won the war against the Land lords, earned their independence after a glorious liberation war, earned the dignity of their language by giving away their lives, eaned the democracy after a long struggle. So, they are an optimistic and happy nation. So I have no doubt in my mind that our cricketers, with the support of our people will bring glory in cricket, in near future.