View Single Post
Old November 25, 2012, 10:09 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
Fact is, we're not one of the top 8 test playing nation by any stretch of the imagination, and NONE of the conventional ideas with regards to which young player is "ready" to be brought into the senior side can be applied to us and our team full of dead weight with a straight face, unless one is totally removed from reality.

Our best players debuted in their teens and developed playing international cricket. Many, including myself, now believe that the highest level, not the utter farce known as the NCL, is the best place to develop young batsmen with ability. By ability, I mean superior hand-eye coordination including great hand-speed and the ability the sight the ball early, desire and the ability to learn from mistakes. Temperament, meaning playing each ball according to its merit and therefore playing the highest percentage shot possible, will only get better with experience with such players, or so we hope.

While some of these promising young batsmen will fail, either technically (simply not good enough at the highest level) or mentally (unable to repeat and sustain initial success because of high expectation and pressure) others will survive, even thrive under this baptism by fire and become mainstays. That would, will due patience, would eventually build a solid batting lineup without dead weight capable of cohesion.

So, I don't have an issue with Asaad suggesting we bring in Soumya Sarkar right now as Tamim's partner. Will he succeed right away or over time provided he has been patiently given enough chances? I don't know. Is there a real possibility, because of his ability, that he may succeed right away or over time provided he has been patiently given enough chances? Yes.
Well said...I was hoping NCL would be a meaningful litmus, but Tamim averaged 300 this year there and averaged 1/10th of that against WI. Shows the gap there is between NCL and even the lower ranked Test teams.

Its time to baptize Anamul, Soumya, Taskin (though he can perhaps wait one more season), and Mominul and possibly Asif Ratul. They must be given at least 10 Tests and 20 ODIs to prove themselves and if they fail, bring on the next crop. Rinse and repeat till we "win the cup" as ATMR would say.

We have NO other option. Enough of this pansy a$$ cowardice of "grooming" so and so like he's a hollywood pooch and and fear mongering of them "not being ready" like they're sweet sixteen virgins who need a tanker full of KY on prom night.

#OneTeam1Dream