View Single Post
Old August 7, 2004, 12:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Remarks on certain points made in this thread

1. The title of the thread should really be different to reflect the topic, something like " India offers to help upgrade BD Railways" or something similar.

2. Never heard of the person called "Mohadev". I have not read or heard about him. I do not think there will be too many people who may be aware of him in India. Must be a mythical person of folklore in BD but certainly not in India.

3. Billah comments on sidestepping the issue: The issue was Railway assistance and I considered myself qualified enough to offer my remarks. Other issues that he discusses are not pertinent to the topic. I can offer the view from the other side's point of view on his observatons but that will be inappropriate for this site.

4. Apprehensions about Indian intentions: Gaining BD market could be a reason behind Indian offer, but trying to improve relations with BD could also be a more compelling reason. Or is it too far fetched for many people to believe ?

5. As pointed out by some moderators, one needs to try and see the point of view of the others to gain a better understanding. Some of the posts are indeed quite balanced in this thread and will help in better mutual understanding.

6. As mentioned above, some of the points raised which are off topic can be addressed from the point of view of the other side, but it may be inappropriate for this forum because it may go contrary to the policy of this site. However , it may be appropriate to discuss them via U2U or e mail if one is interested to see the point of view of the other side.

[Edited on 7-8-2004 by cricketfan]