View Single Post
Old February 22, 2009, 12:47 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Ashraful, Tamim & Junaid
Default Purpose of the thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by antora93
Ehteshamul Bhaiya is Back !
I am also wondering how this related to BD cricket, but those were pretty good speeches xD
We are meeting Pakistan next month.

I thought it would be nice to share the visions of a Ex Pakistani Great Captain on development of a LEADER/CAPTAIN.

Also the speeches are motivational in content and educative for any upcoming cricketer at the club, first class and test level.

So far as the readers of BC is concerned many of them are very young as I could gather from Introduce yourself section. So I guess this would be something new and interesting for them.

One of the reason I opened this thread was to present the fact that The Captain has to be a good communicator and have goods insights and Vision of the game which Imran was a true representation.

Having said it is foolish and unfair to compare Imran with anybody because of his upbringing, education and exposure to English county, Kerry Packer and Australian league cricket.

It appeared from the speeches he had lofty goals and had tremendous self Belief in what he believed was achievable and he did it in style. His critics tried to discourage him by saying that he was doing the wrong thing. But he proved all his critics wrong by his actions/Achievements as mentioned below:

Remodeled His Bowling Action to become one of the best swing bowlers of his time.

Probably the Best All-rounder during his era.

Undoubtedly the best captain during his era.

Won Pakistan the World cup 1992 from a position where they were in a graveyard situation.

If you compare in context of Bangladesh Cricket leadership, where is the PLAN, VISION
STRATEGY and amends to overcome shortcomings/mistakes ?

Time for our cricket leadership to do some SOUL SEARCHING.

Last edited by ehteshamul; February 22, 2009 at 06:29 AM..