View Single Post
Old March 17, 2011, 08:22 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib
Talking Siddons eyes upward curve

Siddons eyes upward curve

Bangladesh coach Jamie Siddons believes his young team could develop into a real force before the ICC World Cup in 2015.

The Australian still has a chance to lead his side to a quarter-final place providing his team can beat South Africa on Saturday and other results fall their way.
Siddons believes his side's promising showing means Bangladeshi cricket is on its way up.

"I think we're two or three years early for this year's World Cup. Maybe the next World Cup these guys will be at their peak, which will be exciting," Siddons said.
"The majority of these guys, I'd think, will get through and stay in the team until then."

"If we go well and get through to the quarter-finals and maybe then play well in that, (then that is a) fantastic effort for this group."

"(They're a) very young group, not inexperienced, but young in terms of development - but they're going really well. (And) I think they're going really well and who knows? We may even make the quarter-finals."

South Africa are one of the form teams in the tournament, having beaten Ireland by 131 runs on Tuesday. Siddons knows the magnitude facing his side.
"They're a very good fielding team, very good batting, especially the top four or five," Siddons said.

"And their bowling, they've got two great quicks, a good all-rounder and a couple of exciting young spinners. But so have we. We've got a very good team, a good balanced team, for our conditions."

17 March 2011 01:30

http://sports.opera.com/cricket/news...language_id=en

Last edited by Zunaid; March 17, 2011 at 09:04 AM..