View Single Post
Old January 14, 2004, 01:32 PM
BanglaCricket Multimedia

Give another few years... cricket will be the dominating sports in BD... Whatever interest left in soccer now will vaporize... the soccer fights like the one during the last Muktijoddha and abahoni match will make sure it happens...

As for ''bangalis'' in london... or more like east london region... they are not all that bangali... maybe their parents are/were but not the new generation... they are Brits... or some variation of brits... probably the latter... However, there are exceptions... and those who feel offended by what I just said are the exceptions... so please dont be offended... I myself played cricket during my visit to my friends place in East London... Soooo cricket is not completely lost among those people... but curiously more kids were swarming around the field when we were playing soccer... :duh:

okay off the discussion... its surprising... I never really figured why Kabaddi is our national sport... and hockey is India's national sport... whats Pakistan's national sport btw? I am sure its not cricket... I understand bangladesh not having cricket as our national sport... it wasnt so popular when Kabaddi was chosen... but why kabaddi... we are really bad at that game...