View Single Post
Old October 12, 2012, 06:12 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianLara7
If we haven't got any decent fast bowlers than we should try a medium paced swing bowler like Praveen kumar or Sohail tanvir... They could do some damage with new ball and bowl economically.. but I am probably day dreaming. If shahadat is among the best we got then we are in a very sorry state, we got only 1 test bowler in our team who is also our best batsman.
i don't think shahadat is the best we got, what happened is the selectors gave a lot of small opportunities to a lot of fast bowlers i.e. guys like dollar, sajidul, robin etc but they also gave a select few a goo number of opportunities. turns out the guys they gave opportunities to haven't come good yet i.e. shahadat, shafiul, rubel (he's come good in ODIs but not tests yet). the sajidul's and robin's and dollar's probably shouldhav been given more chances, it's not like shahadat, shafiul and rubel have cemented their places in the test team, they're numbers aren't good so it's not like they forced selection. the selectors just didn't give the others enough opportunities.

now the main issue is clearly development, there is talent there, there's a lot more that i haven't named that have strong talent and could be developed into world class fast bowlers if nurtured correctly. BD hasn't yet figured out how to develop it's pacers, that's why they struggle. a pace academy is desperately needed so the ones not in the national team get some good coaching because a lot of talent is going to waste right now.