View Single Post
Old January 8, 2014, 02:17 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raynman
At the end of the day, it really is up to the people of Bangladesh to push. Currently the country remains divided and in many cases attached more to the party line than the country itself. Choice #1 : Oppose the tyranny of the ruling party and create the cyclical effect we have been seeing since 1991 or Choice #2: Collectively rise up to demand a change in the political system that prevents the current cycle to continue.
Great analysis. Difficult to disagree with anything you said in your post.

I would so like for our people to pursue option #2, because I am fed up with the dynastic politics of AL and BNP, the anti-liberation and radical Islamist agenda of Jamaat, and the opportunistic politics of a former military dictator (JaPa).

Unfortunately, all previous efforts to launch a viable political alternative have been abject failures, whether it be Kamal Hossain's Gano Forum, Boda Chowdhury's Bikalpa Dhara or Mohammad Yunus' Janatar Shakti. Now there is even talk of yet another party modeled on India's Aam Aadmi Party to be called Aam Janatar Dal (further details will be available Jan. 17). What I cannot understand is why the leading intellectuals and other eminent persons in Bangladeshi society do not coalesce to challenge the status quo. Why are they all busy setting up one-man parties that are unable to challenge the established parties nationwide?