View Single Post
Old June 3, 2012, 07:09 PM
Administrator

From a breaking news thread, this has become a thread for any old news on Bangladesh that I feel interesting - whether of of a breaking nature or not.

The problem with all-size-fits-all threads like these is that dross gets equal billing to important items. Something that needs to be discussed is often quite quickly subsumed and submerged by other items and gets lost. The discussion is prematurely ended and people do not scroll back.

If we really need to have a 'official' or 'grab bag' thread, then it's better to reserve it for any old item that really does not deserve a thread of its own.

A breaking news item ALWAYS deserves its own thread. It would have been better to have the Abdullah Abu Sayeed's item in a separate thread, unless there is an on going thread on the increasing intolerance in Bangladesh politics.

I speak above as a general user.

As an admin - I have been contemplating changing this from 'Breaking Bangladesh News' to 'Miscellaneous Bangladesh News' and unstinting this. If important items come up - they should be in their own thread and we will all have the opportunity to discuss the topic.