View Single Post
Old March 25, 2011, 06:54 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
It was great to read the thoughtful view points of both affan_ayan and mar umpire

I think when Jamie Siddons came in to coach our team, the team itself was in a much better situation compared to the wreckage Whatmore had to deal with after 2003. Whatmore did what he could with the team he had after 2003... and left it on a high in 2007... Jamie Siddons as a result of Whatmore's efforts had a much more settled team with players like Tamim, Shakib, Razzak Mahrafi already in the side.
Good assessment, put through in a gentlemanly manner; we find a few rough diamonds but sometimes we lose them due to a lack of development and that's what they remain-raw talent. I hope they have developed enough to continue without too much assistance from coaches.

As fans we're quite fickle, the same people bashing tamim etc probably will be back on a tamim bandwagon as soon as he's back in form again (hope that's soon).

The fact tamim said it gave those angry at the team a chance to vent there frustration, throw some vitriol.

I think too much has been made out of what this guy has said, we have a tendency to attack any aspect of a person's character if we dislike or disagree with them. We have a tendency to think that if someone disagrees with me or has done one or two things wrong then everything else must be wrong. I'm not sure that's the wisest way to deal with things.

We've reached a point where the two schools of thought (bit of an overstatement) have contributed, I think I know what stance each of us have. I don't see the point of continuing on just for the sake of argument. I won't bother reading some comments-I have the gist of their arguments already however often the post comes with an inbuilt insulting system.

Regardless of who is more "correct" or not I hope that the new coach will do well, as will our players-I would much rather be wrong and have BD win then be right about something and have them losing.

Thank you to those who have argued against or for my arguments in a manner befitting gentlemen/women which is the overwhelming majority. I would expect nothing less of BC which I hope (and so far I have seen) has fewer red necks than most other fan forums.

Last edited by mar umpire; March 25, 2011 at 07:13 PM..