View Single Post
Old December 9, 2012, 04:58 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Default Should Anamul Play T20 ?

Well I do agree to AF bhai, that he is more comfortable in Test matches..I.e. the longer format. In his first and second ODIs he played more with patience that a test batsmen would do and he was successful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
We're all forgetting that this is Anam's LESSER format of the game. He's more of a longer version player. He still averaged damn near 40 in his first series, playing out of position, against a F9 side. In Tests, with the reduced need to hit out and score runs at a fast clip expect him to leave most of the deliveries he fished at and also expect his footwork to be more nimble if not perfect.
But his batting in 2/3/4 th ODIs was completely different. His approach was completely different probably due to some complains from around him of being a bit slow in first two. And he failed to do that.

In view of the above, don't you guys think that including him in the T20 team was a wrong decision and forcing him to bat against his natural approach, might ruin his techniques in these early days and we might lose a great prospect for ODIs and Tests?? I do still think that his kind of slowish batting is still very important in ODIs for any team. There must be someone to anchor the innings and he shouldn't be forced to bat with higher strike rates, until he feels it himself and can do that.

Selectors have almost kept the same ODI team for T20, which is a bit strange, but good to see that Naeem didn't make it there. Taking Naeem in ODI was another such mistake... We just destroy our player by our nonprofessional sense of judgement. That's how I felt. Because T20 is a very demanding format, where you need to improvise a lot, and it can be difficult for a young player to forget it all together and go back to the basics so easily. The reason (Too Much Stroke Play) for which we are suffering to achieve any good result in test cricket, even after 10+ years.

Do you think that it won't affect him any way?