View Single Post
Old February 9, 2005, 08:42 AM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
I don't think they know our players that well. And so far the guys on the test team have not been consistent. How do you bring someone over for a season based on the performance so far? I think the England tour may be a turning point. We are going in with some positive news, and the exposure will allow county and other clubs to take a look at some of our players.
I agree that the upcoming tour of England should bring opportunities for some of BD players. I also think that BCB should be a little more proactive. In the 70s and early eighties Pakistan board actively lobbied for thier players to be included in the counties. I'm not sure but I think after Zaheer Abbas' inclusion there a was flood of Pakistanis into the counties. Indians, on the other hand concentrated more on thier domestic front and were a little late (later than Pakistan) hence they came into the scene later than Pakistan.

All we need is one players inclusion, rest will follow. I'm certain that some of our players are already good enough to play county cricket. A breakthrough is what is needed.