View Single Post
Old February 24, 2004, 04:15 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default My personal opinion on some things

hi guys, I was unable to get in for a computer glitch, so could not post my opinion on certain things. I have tried to point out those things in the following.

1. Most of today's papers say that during Bangladesh's 1st innings, Ashraful hit a six which actually the umpires called to be a four. The papers said that if Ashraful had those six runs instead of four, then he would have scored his 2nd test century by now. Take my word, it was too difficult a task for human eye to say if it was a four or a six even though there was the help of tv replays to help the human-eye. So, be aware of this little over-reaction from the print media.

2. Mushfique's out was not really that bad, although there were doubts about his nicking the ball during Bangladesh's 2nd innings, being the third vicitm of the hat-trick by Blignaut; there was no way to tell from the existing technologies used as to whether he had really nicked the ball or not. The only decision had to be made by an umpire was whether the batsman would get the 'benefit of the doubt' or not, and in the judgment of the umpire, he did not deserve a benefit of the doubt decision, and so he was out.

3. Shahriar's lbw decision in the 2nd innings of Bangladesh was probably a bad one, but Hannan Sarkar's lbw decision was not a bad one as some papers suggest.

4. At last, but not the least, I would like you to collect, if you find any piece, of Ashraful's mini interview to ESPN on the morning of the Day 4. I was practically laughing for around 2 to 3 hours after hearing the interview. Ofcourse, at the end of the day (Day 4), the interview sounds like a really horrible joke by Ashraful, after his golden duck, but at that moment, his words were really good to hear, and I enjoyed that bit very much. One of the words that he said at the end of the interview was that 'I think 98 better than 0'. He was speaking to Robin Jackman (as far as I can remember now), a very good speaker of English, and Ashraful was speaking English like using the English words without the use of 'is' or 'are' or 'am'.