View Single Post
Old January 6, 2018, 11:57 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

It is difficult but not impossible. It is a life long process and yes, environment, culture, childhood trauma, growing up, parato bhai, prio golper boi, cousins and relatives - every single element can leave a deep impact on the person to be. Laziness is a part of it. I was lazy like s***t. I grew up so spoiled I would not do a single thing for my family needs and even being a good tutor will not continue my high-paid tution jobs too long. Most of us grow up in such a laid back culture that we suffer from drastic cultural shocks when thrown into the hustle and bustle of Western civilization. But like evolution there is scientific proof that certain brain functions can be deliberately ignited through conscious practice. For example, I cannot get too angry any more knowing the combination of chemicals which is causing a neurochemical reaction in amygdala and insula.

The point is we cannot ignore the enormous potential in each of us. With the advent of neuroscience we are well equipped with the knowledge we know what is required to do to initiate such change.