View Single Post
Old April 17, 2012, 09:23 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
The kid has talent for sure. I mean he hit a century against Australia the Gabba. I think what's hindered him is all the injuries he had to endure. It's messed up his development as a batsman. It's sad because he and Bravo started out at the same time and look at both of them now. Bravo has become 1 of the best young Test batsman in the world while Barath is struggling. I believe he should be kept around and be developed along with K Brathwaite and Kieran Powell. They all have potential and will come good in Test cricket with time. It'll really help having Gayle back who could take the pressure off of these 3.

I believe injuries have hit Fidel badly as well. In this Test match, he had to bowl really short spells. That's how careful they are about him. I believe it's better he just focuses on T20I's and ODIs and just quits Tests. He can still be a real asset as a shorter version bowler. Also Roach has developed really nicely so the WI wouldn't miss Fidel much in Tests. I would put Rampaul back in because he did really well last time he was in.
i've heard a lot about barath as a talent, but from what i've personally seen of him i'm yet to see what that hype is all about. i watched that century against australia and kept thinking what all the fuss is about. he must have some sort of talent if lara thinks he has something about him but he needs to go back to domestics and work on some things imo. bravo has developed really really nicely, this kid from what he's shown so far could be one of the best or even the best of his generation/era and i say that knowing he has to compete with the likes of umar akmal, chandimal etc. k powell is obviously a talent, he's performed pretty well so far in test cricket, which is not easy so there is something there. i've heard they have a kid last name carter who is talent (although apparently he hasn't performed very consistently. people have a go at k brathwaite saying he hasn't got the shots/talent but the thing is i've heard that he's a really hard worker and he's clearly mentally tough already and patient so he has a lot going for him imo.

as far as fidel goes it's a real shame to hear you say he should quit tests but i'd say your right in saying it. and your also right about roach, he's starting to come good now. now to ravi rampaul, i'd consider him a stop gap measure, WI should be developing their young fast bowlers, they have the history and they need to get it back to present. i think carlos brathwaite and jason holder are 2 great prospects for them, but holder probably needs to add a bit more pace otherwise he needs to look at joel garner footage.