View Single Post
Old October 27, 2008, 03:02 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdchamp20
^^^That's not true. Their parents are forcing them to attend madrashas. Parents make the decisions for their children. And in a country like Bangladesh where the education rate is low they don't always make the right decisions.

I saw a trailer of a DVD in PP about Pakistani children from America who are sent back to Pakistan to attend a madrasha. It shows how the children are made to live in that hell and how much they hate it at first, they say 'This is not my home. I love America.' But they are slowly brainwashed and they start saying 'Death to America', 'This is my real home.'

Although in BD it's not as extreme as that it is still similar. A child who has attended a madrasha all his life won't know the difference but if you ask a boy who went to a school at first and then was force to attend a madrasha by his parents who think that madrasha is 'key to heaven' will know about the freedom he is missing, of course unless he is already brainwashed.

Bangladeshi expats are a big part of this problem. In evening, if you tune in to a Bangladeshi channel in UK you will see fund raising programs where they are always raising funds for mosques and madrashas. In a country crammed for space like Bangladesh where 1000 people are forced to live in a km, we need hospitals and schools not mosques and madrashas. As it is we already have more mosques then we need. A few years ago if you went to a village you'd find one mosque per village but now there are at least five mosques in a village and that's a minimum. You might say that's because population is increasing but then why isn't there an increase in the number of hospitals and schools. This is where religeous leaders should step in and instruct people to do more for society.
well, if we kill everyone in bangladesh, we wouldn't have a madrassah problem. do you agree with this solution?

facetiousness aside, everyone is brainwashed. everyone learns whatever from their parents, teachers, friends, mentors, etc. your concept of freedom is itself brainwashing. there isn't a single person on earth who isn't brainwashed, and very few who are only partially brainwashed.

teaching someone to hate something unconditionally is brainwashing. so is teaching someone to love something which in fact doesn't deserve it. its all brainwashing.

i don't know what madrassah documentary you saw, but i saw one on CNN in america about pakistani kids being sent to a madrassah and then being accused of becoming terrorists. after the CNN team investigated, they found out the madrassa was in fact, one of the ones that aren't "radical".

every coin has a head and tail.

personally, i think we should abolish education, secular or otherwise. life is better spent selling drugs on the corner, pimping hoes, jacking cars, and busting gats, if you ask me.

#OneTeam1Dream

Last edited by al Furqaan; October 27, 2008 at 03:07 PM..