View Single Post
Old June 10, 2008, 05:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
You are not the only one to think like this and there are many who share the same thoughts as of your post. There is no doubt if you give 5 years time to JS the team will change, will improve. Infact any coach will make that improvement. Point is that can we afford to leave the present alltogether?

1. Will ICC and other test playing countries accept such a development squad for 5 years?

2. can we answer for all the losses that we are going through for 5 years?

3. In the process of learning better cricket aren't we forgetting to win? It's not only cricket, something more is needed to win.

4. Can anyone gurantee that after five years improvement will be so big that we will start playing suddenly like world beaters?

There are many such questions, for which I think he could be with the U19/Academy teams to produce players for the future and meanwhile we need someone who can take the WM time successes a little ahead. We can't afford to leave the present.
1. hopefully if the team shows improvement by the end of siddons 2 years the ICC will notice and continue to support BD.
2. in the long term yes, but those 5 years have to be used right.
3. this is up to personal opinion, i think working on individuals and the team can be done together but it's difficult, it's easier to just work on the individuals and when they're up to scratch work on the team. once these 2 things are improved then it becomes about implementing those improvements which means trying to get the wins. but i think atm there are more important things to worry about than winning e.g. you can't win if you don't have the tools, the BD players don't have all the tools yet. winning would help obviously, and they should still try and win but if they don't they shouldn't worry too much for the moment.
4. already answered in my other post.