View Single Post
Old March 3, 2012, 11:02 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Too many to name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
You have a point there, Mate .

You know, once you get the Gold(World Cup that is), you tend to relax a bit especially in the next year or so...Plus India is always involved in some form of Cricket. the guys are constantly tired, Time has come when Tendulkar, Dravid and some of the other old guns to retires from the game...maybe Age is catching up to them? Tendulkar still is looking for that century, i think he will retire then.

Maybe Fatigue isn't an issue? Once you get into the winning habit, sometimes complacency becomes an issue, especially when the players lack an incentive to win( you are financially secure, you know you won't be "dropped" after one performance, plus you have beaten this team before...do you really have that desire to win?)
I think India thought it would be easy. Even I feared they'd beat us for the first time down under. Complacency may well be the right word.

Regarding today's game we're off to a good start but we will need it. SL are on a roll in this series and both Wade and Warner looked very shaky in that first over. Had luck gone against us we could have been in trouble already. I just hope that rain doesn't play a part in today's game as there's apparently some around the Gabba today. There's no chance of that in Perth today-the weather guys have predicted 37 Celsius here.