Thread: BSF Brutality!
View Single Post
Old February 13, 2012, 10:39 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed...s-watch-report

900 killed in the last 10 years - according to Human Rights Watch.

2000-2010

How much of that was the AL in power for? So I think some of the partisan **** needs to stop, because, well the figures show their point scoring is misplaced and laughable.

I say, I have no sympathy for smugglers and castle rustlers - I don't care if they are shot down or beaten in exchange if they don't produce bribes. But the killing of innocents, children, women, the elderly has to be strongly condemned

If mere words won't do, and they WON"T, then yes, a certain amount of tit for tat to give a message that this doesn't have to be so one sided.

*I too condemn the callousness with which Ashraf made his statement, I agree with him that the killings as the numbers show, have been unfortunately going on for a long, long time, and unfortunately don't look like stopping. He is also right in that, the government can't drop everything it's doing for one issue - BUT

when that issue relates to a foreign nation treating citizens as shooting practice, more care is expected as a bare minimum.

What is the most basic function of a government, any government? To provide security....you fail that, and all your others accomplishments(be they real or imagined) pale into insignificance. In the past month condemnation has been more forthcoming from all corners, but it is not enough.

We need to exercise what influence and leverage we have - India want to use Bangladesh to transport goods, how about we tell them, before we can discuss any commercial agreements, we need to see a period of quiet on the border, say an initial 6 months. No shooting whatsoever. Let it be a starting point, if they comply, only then can we sit to talk again. If the BSF kill even one Bangladeshi within that period, even if it happens on the 179th day, the clock starts all over again, no exceptions, no excuses.