View Single Post
Old August 7, 2004, 11:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by rafiq
Billah, you may not be very familiar with the ahmadiya issue in Bangladesh. Please visit dirshtipat.org to read press reports and other articles if you want. One of the 4 parties in the 4 party alliance is directly involved in calling for a declaration of Ahmadiyas as non-Muslims and a ban on their mosques, religious texts etc. The GOB at first resisted this effort, but later succumbed to it by ordering the ban on Ahmadiya texts on the grounds that they may offend religious sentiment.

I don't care about nuances in our interpretation of who is in power where and how they got there. Whether these parties are left right or center we can argue about all day. But what is happening to the Ahmadiyas is well-orchestrated and it isn't the first time either. Please check the facts.
Rafiq bhai: You are right, I am not "very familiar with Ahmadiya issue in Bangladesh". However, I know for a fact that a number of pronounced enemies of Bangladesh have involved themselves with the dristipat campaign. These people have made a career in running anti-Bangladesh campaign, with finacial backing from Indian sources. They have mixed themselves well by hiding behind these apparently well-intended orgs. I know which "one of the four party" you are talking about, it is the "usual suspect". See I have real problem seeing any of these people holding any public positions. Although, our constitution does have protection for religious groups against texts that may be offensive to them.

It is indeed unbelievable when I see these sworn enemies of Bangladesh, most of which are of Indian origin, gather the International media in New York and threaten to have India attack Bangladesh! A number of these devils are with drishtipat! Why?