View Single Post
Old August 6, 2013, 08:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Men in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Thu Aug 8
India A-
Cheteshwar Pujara (c), Stuart Binny (RM), Shikhar Dhawan, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Siddarth Kaul (RMF), Mohammed Shami (RM), Shahbaz Nadeem (SLA), Ishwar Pandey (RMF), Parvez Rasool (OB), Ajinkya Rahane, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Rohit Sharma, Jaydev Unadkat (LMF), Murali Vijay.

surprised about the team. raina in the A team? dhawan has also passed the A team level and even i'd say pujara, same with karthik and murali vijay (they know what he has to offer why not try other younger openers like J.singh, chand, PA reddy etc). would have been a good opportunity to give u.kaul some exposure in foreign conditions to. i just don't get these selections. guys like mandeep and s.yadav have been turfed.

Selecting Raina and Rohit somewhat makes sense as I think the selectors want to give then a chance to get back into the test squad. But I see no point in selecting mainstream test players like Dhawan, Vijay or Pujara. Apart from the players mentioned by you, I'd have also preferred someone like Vijay Zol get a chance to prove his worth.