View Single Post
Old August 10, 2017, 09:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Kohli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Dear Roy_1,
US is very fragile. Another War will kill the economy as the National debt will increase exponentially. NK has nothing to offer. No Oil, No pipelines, nothing. No reason for US to start another war. It is all bully tactics.

Afghanistan is the most attractive country to have a pipeline to get to the old Russian states who have a huge oil supply. Currently it is not cost effective to transport it through the rugged area via black sea. That is why the pipeline is so important for the western world, India, and China. Saudis, gulf may run out of oil very soon. Russians tried it and failed because of US cold war assistance. Now US are trying but failing miserably with the puppet government. Loss of lives, trillions of dollars are collateral damage for securing future oil access.
Sir,

It is actually the opposite, their economy thrives though wars, war is a necessity to sustain the defense industry worth billions of dollars. This US "Fragile" thingy has been going on since the 70's, back then it was USSR, then Japan (Only economically) then China, after the recent somewhat resurgence of Russia its China Russia combined now, USA is still going stronger than ever. It can crush every single soul on the planet within a blink of an eye. The only true enemy USA ever had, a foe that literally had the means to challenge US's domination was USSR, after the disintegration of the Soviets US is militarily almost invincible now, no country poses any credible threat to it. China may overtake US one day by GDP but it will not be even remotely close to being a military super power in generations to come. If economy alone could make you super power Japan and Germany would have been super powers too. USA has military presence in every corner in every strategic locations of the earth, Atlantic, pacific, middle east, far east and yes even South Asia (Check out Diego Garcia). Do you know who has the strongest navy in Asia? No it's not Russia, China or India, it is US seventh fleet stationed in Japan, a small fraction of their actual naval power. We all know US has the largest and strongest air force, now which is the second largest? It is US Navy' air arm, yes US navy has an air force of its own which is bigger than Russian and Chinese airforce combined. China can't even dominate it's own backyard (South China Sea disputes) let alone dominating Asia or the world someday. US on the other hand can take on any country on the world on its own backyard and still be numerically and technologically superior. US is basically a beehive that attracts top notch talents from all over the world, it may not be economically no 1 in some time but it will continue to be the sole super power and continue dominating the world by means of both soft and hard power, culturally and militarily for a long long time.

You are right about NK though, it has nothing to offer, with bases in South Korea and japan US already has more than enough power to keep China and Russia at bay. However I do not completely agree with you about Afghanistan, US is not done yet, I would not term it a complete failure yet. But then again brute power does not always ensure success and peace.

Regards