View Single Post
Old October 17, 2008, 07:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Overall I see it this way (after 1st TEST)....

Tamim: very disappointing that he is playing in two different extremes and forget that there is 2nd, 3rd, 4th grear between 1st and 5th gear like his captain. He hope he doesn't atrt picking up bad habits from his captain.

Junaid: Again I have feeling that he is prooving the Pandits wrong, after all he may not be the best short term solution... atleast he may not be ready yet... but then again... he is a opener and its too early to discount him.... sh*ts happens to openers.

Rajin: Did I expect much better from Rajin? No. He can stay in the wicket with his will power ,,, but can he rearly can score fluently ... there is no surprise there. There may still be a short term role for Rajin.... but don't expect runs from him. Another short gap player waiting to be replaces..... any time we use on him is kind missed opportunity for the team in long term.

Ash: What a joke. He is makeing mokery of Siddon's team rule to an extreme. Based on interviews Siddon's rule of staying to the wicket (specially at the begining to build the innings) and minimize high risk shots and punish bad balls ... that is start slowly but solidly.... I have no problem with that.... the problem i have is how Ash,...one of the most experienced player in the team... the captain of the team... is doing mockery of the game rules. He is simply mentally incapable of getting rid of bad habbits or learning new tricks....he should seriously start thinking of only playing one form of cricket.... and I suggest only 20-20 cricket. He is incapable of handling complexed and dynamic decicion making situations.... he howed it many times.. many ways... that he knows to execute game plan that is simplistic.... either thukaoo.... or hakaoo.... no inbetween.... so why not make his life simople and just use him in 20-20 and give him the license to kill or be killed?

Mehrab: The so called Water boy ( already announced by some sector of the fans) showed who is the real boss as the end of the day... he showed how to execute Siddon;s game plan and his RS is perfectly ok with me. These are one of the few young players who is willing to listen, and adjust to coach's instruction and flexible enough to adjust agression based on team rule/game need. I don;t knwo if he is a long term solution or not, but short-term wise he should be rewarded for his effort in this innings.... I hope he doen't become another Farhad Reza or Rana of Bangladesh where he will always be after thought and a forgotten man.

Rahim: We knew what he can do with the bat if he is in form. And looks like slowly he is gaining the form. If he can continue to grow like that, he will be great treasure for us in future.

Morala of the story....

Its hard to teach new tricks to old dogs.