View Single Post
Old May 18, 2006, 10:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by babubangla

I am taking microwave, rice cooker etc. small appliances from US. But don’t take too much. Canadian customs regulation says you can take up to $60 worth of staff for gift purposes without paying taxes. You can take as much staff as you want, but you have to bring them back with you. If you intend to leave them back in Canada to be used by Canadian residents, you have to pay taxes. For the cheap desktop computer, I purchased it online from Canadian Best Buy and they delivered to my brother’s house. I wanted to buy it from USA, but considering the Customs regulations, I went for online. The desktop package included eMachines T3120 AMD Sempron 3100+ 1.8GHz , 17" Flat CRT Monitor and Lexmark X2350 All-In-One Printer. Total cost was CDN $632 (I’ll get $50 back from it with mail-in-rebate). Delivery was free.
Thanks BabuBangla for your suggestion. I completely forgot about rice cooker, another must have item. Also thanks for reminding me about custom issue which I never thought before. I will rather wait about computer. Either I will buy it in Canada while I am there or I will do the same (mail order) after my visit to Canada.

bty, please share your experience after your visit to Toronto. I hope you will have some more useful advice for me after your trip.