View Single Post
Old April 24, 2007, 08:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd_fan_from_india
dj sahastra, the situation is different now than 1983 and u need big-hitters. u can win a u-19 world cup without a big-hitter as scores of 200 have proved to be match-winning scores at the u-19 level, but in odi level, big-hitters r a must. bangladesh, in their entire odi cricketing history have pulled off only 1 chase of 250 or more and only 3 others between 230-250. also, bd have made only 13 scores of 250 or more and just 1 score of 300+, 301/7 against kenya.

to even dream of winning a wc, a team needs to score 250+ scores regularly and pull off 230+ chases more frequently. bangladesh, should have won against ireland and west indies chasing 243 and 230.
Your stats actually make me more hopeful.

In early 90s, anything above 150 was a good score for BD and a score of 170/180 batting 50 overs used to be considered as a very good effort. In early 2ks, we asked for scoring 200 runs and now I am very much pleased to see that we have already scored 13 scores of 250+! To me, that's a very good achievement and if our batting is improving in this rate - our bowlers are doing consistently well - Bangladesh can overwhelm any team at any day!

About scoring quickly, we are having very good players from the age level. They are very positive and much skilled than the old guns. You can see this in the scoring rate of Aftab, Ashraful, Sakib, Tamim (his current stat does not tell his actualy ability though).....btw, hitters are not everything for winning matches. If so, Afridi would be the all-time great ODI player.

But well, your stats tell me so many postive stuffs for us that I can start dreaming and our team can start working for the world championship