View Single Post
Old March 7, 2011, 09:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by irampool
1. Even though Imrul has not been too successful in this WC, there's no doubt that he's the best option to open along with Tamim. He has been doing well with Tamim over the last 1 year or so, and therefore, I don't really feel he should be replaced.

2. Junayed was looking good in the last match where he got out on a jem of a delivery from Kemar Roach, and therefore, I think he should be there in the XI as well.

3. Even though ROK perhaps played an important innings against IRE, but to be honest, we were just lucky enough to snatch that win. Shafiul's and ASH's spell did the trick for us. And ROK's biggest problem is that he can't rotate the strike. As a defensive batsman, you should know how to rotate the strike so that you keep your team in somewhat decent position. So, even if Taklu DA doesn't like Nafees, I would say, at least get Riad in place of ROK, he will be able to at least keep the scoreboard ticking over by rotating the strike.
I agree with you on Imrul but don't want we always say that about Zunaed? He always looks so good when he's in the 20's and 30's and then all of a sudden, out of nowhere he throws his wicket away and he's gone. Just when he looks like he'll hit a big score he gets out in a flash. It keeps on happening and even though I've been his fan, it just seems he's too streaky. SN should try and get his shot. I know Rock, wasn't the main reason we won but he did step in and put up a partnership with Mushy. Some credit should be given to him even though more credit has to go for the bowlers. Riyad is a good batsman but he's been really out of form for a while and in games where he has come in early he hasn't really rotated the strike very well either. I know Rock's not very good in rotating the strike but I just don't see any better option now.