View Single Post
Old February 27, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cricket Sage

Two years back I suggested that Ash should retire from Test and ODI and concentrate on soley T20. Some fans negatively reacted to my comments as if I have done a cardinal sin and termed me as Ashraful hater instead of realizing I am a Bangladesh cricket lover 1st and foremost.

I still stick with my initial comment, and I still think it was the best advice anybody could give it to Ashraful. i.e. Concentrate soley on T20 (which is best suited for him) and dominate there and that will have the best chance to bring him money and fame and eventually confidence.

Only then he should consider un-retiring from ODI like his (should be) model Afridi.

TEST? he should stay out of it for a while.... that switching gear between T20, ODo and TEST is too much for him right now....the game plan should be simpler for him for now.... get success and confidence to the format that is most suitable to his style... only then try other format later.

And yes he should equally concentrate on his bowling... that will give him some wiggle room to justify his inclusion even when he doesn't perform with that bat.