View Single Post
Old February 10, 2013, 06:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
Shafiul I don't have an issue with. He has a decent FC average and can keep things tight which Rubel and Abul are incapable of doing. I don't exactly want the likes of Tapash, Sharif and co back either. Maybe Tapash can play a few FC games for the A team. I think Nazmul should be given more opportunities in Tests. However, my main issue is with the likes of Rubel and Abul who have continuously failed in FC cricket being given chances after chances in Tests simply because they have pace or 'potential', which is pretty much the same thing according to the selectors.
Not the most ideal situation is it? I agree that the ideal system is to pick players who performed the best in domestics. That's the system in places like England and Australia. Problem is in BD, our system isn't set up like other countries. This is why we end up having to pick players with pure potential from not only pacers but batsmen as well. Until and unless we make our FC system more competitive, we'll continue to see players being picked on pure potential.