View Single Post
Old November 20, 2008, 09:54 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Not playing tests is not the solution, Zimbabwe is the shining example. Maybe our cricket didn't improve as much as it needed to in last 10 years, but our current team is definitely far better than the team we had 10 years ago. Without test status I don't think it could happen.
Is it really "far better"? Spitfire, I would say that statistically, we are only marginally better than we were a decade ago, and that marginal difference may matter to you or me, since we are fans of the Bangladeshi team, but to someone who isn't, is that marginal difference enough to warrant their support to let Bangladesh keep its test status?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
We always play 2 test series regardless of the opposition. IMO we should play 3 test series against weaker teams like WI/NZ. They don't have very busy schedule, so it's not unrealistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat
  • I agree, play majority(most/all) at Home and build a formidable home side.
  • Have prolonged ODI's instead of Tests overseas
  • Send frequent A teams wherever possible
  • Make the Current players play in India ,England Australia
  • If possible revert to the policy of sending a team to India's Duleep trophy
  • Create a bigger pool of players
  • Dont blood new players for the sake of getting them in.Be patient with the ones you have[Alok,JO,Rafiq and Pilot are a casuality because of this]
I like both your solutions. I am trying to get a discussion going about why Bangladesh warrants a place as a test team, not how we can improve in the future. They are good solutions nonetheless and I like them.