View Single Post
Old February 13, 2012, 11:42 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
1. The number of Pakistanis in the BPL. Complete turn-off. Hence my support for KRB and absolute loathing of DG and DR.

2. Lack of playing time for the guys from the Associate nations.

3. Hindi/Urdu commentary/interviews/analysis at a Bangladeshi event.

4. Lack of spectator turnout. What the hell happened? Tk 200 still too much for people?

5. All matches being played in Dhaka and Chittagong. WTF? Why not Sylhet (Divisional Stadium), Bogra (Shaheed Chandu), Rajshahi (Shaheed Kamruzzaman), Khulna (Sheikh Abu Naser)?

6. Bangladeshi players not batting high enough in the line-up.
1. Not a fan of most things Pakistani - but you can't deny that the pakistani players have been a big hit in this tournament. I'm ok with having them.

2. Associate nations - have you seen the exposure the local players are getting? These things will slowly sort themselves out. When teams start pulling away, and securing berths in the SF and bottom two, youngsters and unknowns will get an opportunity.

3. Lots more Bangla yesterday, including the hosts making a big effort to get into the spirit of Spring.

4. Spectators have increased with each passing day - but SSC(ongoing) and upcoming HSC exams are a big factor.

5. This is something we all noticed, but have deemed acceptable for the inaugural tournament, and one done in such a short span of time. 6 sites would have made things a lot more complicated, but I am sure it is something that will happen in the coming seasons.

6. This is an issue - but I think it reflects the crapness of our players. From a selfish point of view, we want them up the order, but from a franchise point of view, where winning is all that matters, it makes perfect sense to play the better and more experienced foreign players.