View Single Post
Old November 20, 2012, 04:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

I was an idiot to believe that he would actually have rectified his mitigating issues and become as good as he could be in the National Team. I was wrong, dead wrong. His inability to learn makes him a Mofees, and my overly enthusiastic endorsement as a fan equally Mofeesesque.

He still commits his front foot way too early against short and slightly back of length deliveries, much to his surprise and inevitable demise. He also plays with a heavy bottom hand which more often than not, gives his lofted shots in the V plenty of altitude but not enough distance. The fact that he also loses focus and takes his eyes off the ball makes him look worse than he actually is, and that's a tough proposition indeed.

BTW, I've also been wrong about Ashraful, Aftab, Alok and to a lesser extent Imrul. Shakib's has been a success story. Mushfiq's is still iffy and up in the air.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)