View Single Post
Old December 21, 2011, 02:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

Picking an extra batsman wouldnt ahve changed anything unless that batsman and the tail have had 'longer version cricket playing mindset'.

Robiul, Shahadat and Nazmul's stats look bad because of the 7 dropped catches we had. Our top order batsmans batting average looks bad because of some umpiring decisions but more so due to their lack of mindset. Period.

We were outclassed by Pakistani players clear and absolutely clear mindset of playing test cricket to a point that even zaheer Abbas is annoyed with the Pak captain. If you see how even players like Asad Shafique batted versus Tamim Iqbal batted,, we see the sheer difference. And for that, I would say Asad Shafique is a better player than hyped up Tamim Iqbal.

All in all, I think this series was one of the most learning series for Bangladeshi players. They all seemed to have good relationship with the Pakistani players ( even Akmal admitting in stump mike about his own LBW out that wasnt given to bangladesh or Yunis asking Nasir to complete his century etc.). Pakistani players showed significant respect to Bangladesh cricket and the players( as opposed to Indian or other teams) which I hope the players will learn from.

At the end, too bad we don't have any upcoming series against a Test side where we can see how the team evolved around the newly finds of Nazimuddin ( thank God, Imrul is now not the abosolute option anymore), Nasir Hossain, Elias Sunny and Nazmul Hossain... I think we accomplished something in forming the team for future with these players. We still need to fix the #3, #4 but we are very close in having the team we always wanted where Tamim and Shakib are part of it but not all of it!!