View Single Post
Old July 27, 2005, 11:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Finally my man Rob admits that Giles is not even worth keeping in the England XI, as i said earlier, they're playing with 10 ppl. With his toothless bowling and his useless batting(Gillespie or McGrath bats even better than him)- he can only stay if Duncan Fletcher or Michael Vaughn has something working for them(eg: a personal preference/politics).
Paul Collingwood should come in for Ian Bell and another bowler needs to be added. Because Collingwood is a useful all-arounder alright, but his (and for Ian Bell for that matter) style of bowling won't really give them vital breakthroughs. And putting so much pressure on Andy isn't fair and will affect his batting somewhat. I don't agree with Andy being at no.7, but rather moving him around depending on the situation. Yes, you're right about him needing a little carefree time out there in the middle. But I think the most vital position is no.3; an inform player needs to be in that spot and frankly speaking, looking at how the batters are playing KP would be my no.1 choice for that position even though its going to be hard on him.