View Single Post
Old July 6, 2008, 08:10 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

how many runs did BD have to score in the matches they won? the biggest was around 250 i think (most were around 230). that's just not going to cut it if you want to win consistently. gone are the days where any team let alone BD can consistently restrict the big teams to 250 or under. if BD are going to win consistently they need to be able to score these 280+ scores that they've started to produce more often under siddons, or at least 250+ scores more consistently (though i'll admit despite big scores coming more frequently under siddons, scores from 250-280 haven't been that frequent which is an issue, actually i don't think there have been any yet in that range).

the main goal for siddons atm should be to get the team scoring 250+ more consistently, if you're going to change the coaching staff at all i'd say make siddons the batting coach, and get a new head and bowling coach. if they had only scored one or 2 big scores under siddons and they were all against associates then i wouldn't be so open to giving siddons more of a chance but since a couple of them were against top teams which has never happened before i am willing to give him a bit more time.