Thread: Shuvo
View Single Post
Old November 9, 2009, 09:00 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
Perhaps they're finally giving a player 'time' in an attempt to ready them for international cricket. Shuvo is going to be a big player...I think the selectors can see that, and maybe aren't quite ready to send him in yet.
I get that impression as well. I think a few years ago a player like him would have been in the first team by now. They would have put him in while he was a teenager. I think now it's changed a little. Our national team is taking shape and places are becoming more competitive. Also the fact that we already have 2 left arm spin bowlers, plus allrounders who bowl spin and the recent good form of enamul haque when we decide to play 3 spin bowlers. It seems it will be a while before they bring Shuvo in. It's nice to see that they're grooming him and getting him prepared better for the national team. I can see him competing with Enamul for a place, but I can't see him dislodging Razzak or Hasan. I don't want him to be in the team as an allrounder and compete with Naeem or Riyad for a place. As all though he can bat a bit, his primary role is a bowler. I think he only play when we have a 3 spin attack and 1 fast bowler.

It's good to see him get games for the academy and more games in the NCL it will better prepare him for international cricket. Rather than quickly hushed into the national team and getting smacked all over the park, that would knock his confidence down.

Last edited by Tiger Manc; November 9, 2009 at 09:12 AM..