Thread: BSF Brutality!
View Single Post
Old January 26, 2011, 07:45 PM
First Class Cricketer

Such deaths are unfortunate. Lets face it, if you get shot while trying to cross the border illigely then who is responsible. You can not blame BSF or Indian Gov for that or expect BD gov to protect you. We love to get patriotic and emotional whithout looking at facts.

By the way, I am no Indian fan or well wisher. I am also not one of those patriotic Bangladeshis who can't spend a day without Hindi movies and music. Sadly, this is how most of Bangladeshis are. Some of us take great pride in speaking Urdu/Hindi for no reason. We are confused, very confused about our identity. Shahrukh Khan visit turned out to be a life and death matter for many people. Disgraceful. It's even more disgraceful when the most popular newspaper covers it on front page.

Sometimes I wonder we probably would have been in a better situation if we officially became a part of India. Becasue we are unofficially a part of India, rather a dumping bag. We gleefully continue adopt bombay culture and make it official. Even sounth Indian states refuse to adopt bombay culture. You might be shocked to find out most people would not even know who shahrukh khan is.

Long story short, if we want to show some selfrespect and stad up against India, we must do that culturally first.